The Jerry Cans will take you on a stroll through Iqaluit, Nunavut with their unique mix of Inuktitut country swing, throat singing, reggae, and blues, sharing a glimpse of life in Nunavut while challenging misrepresentation of the great white north. Nunavuttitut! Nunavut Style!
- November, 2013 - Review in Penguin Eggs, Canada's folk, roots and world music magazine
- Novemeber 10, 2013 - Nancy Mike of The Jerry Cans wins Aboriginal Songwriter of the Year at the Canadian Folk Music Awards!
- October 23, 2013 - "This weeks must-see Toronto shows" - NOW Magazine
- October 21-26, 2013 - Recording at Woodshed Studio in Toronto, ON.
- October 3rd, 2013 - "Nancy Mike and The Jerry Cans look forward to a big month" - Nunatsiaq News
- September 27, 2013 - Mamaqtuq Music Video Released, watch here.
- September 26, 2013 - Nominated by the Canadian Folk Music Awards for "Aboriginal Songwriter of the Year"
- First-Air Charity Ball
Iqaluit, NU. Nov. 23, 2013
@ AWG Arena, 9PM
Inukjuak, QC. Nov. 29, 2013
Inukjuak, QC. Nov. 30, 2013
- Northern Lights Trade Show
Ottawa, ON. Feb. 1, 2014
- Andrew Morrison - Guitar, Vocals
- Brendan Doherty - Bass
- Nancy Mike - Accordian, Throat Singing
- Gina Burgess - Violin
- Steve Rigby - Drums
Contact us by e-mail or check for updates on Facebook to see where to pick up a CD!